Sophia Lynne Jensen,
Sophia Lynne Jensen is finally here. She was born tuesday, the 15th, at 1:18 a.m. and weighs 8 lbs 9 oz, 20 1/2 inches long and a ton of blonde hair.
I went in for a doctors appointment monday, the 14th, just for a weekly check up. I had been having anxiety induced high blood pressure. I get a little to nervous during my appointments. That appointment though they told me that they were going to induce me early because of the high blood pressure and that I needed to go to the hospital now. I called Josh and he was fortunately working in Rexburg so I picked him up and we were off to the hospital. I was positive for Group B Strep so I had to be on medication for 4 hours before they could induce me. After only a couple of hours of being on pitosin I got my epidural and in 20 minutes went from a 4 to a 10 and ready to push. They had me breathe through the contractions for an hour to let the epidural kick in and than we started pushing. I pushed for an hour and a half only to find out that Sophie was too big and my pelvis was too small and she was not dropping down even with the pushing. So I was rushed in for an emergency c-section. During the c-section though the catheter was faulty and it tore up part of my bladder, not what they are suppose to do, so right after they took Sophie out the knocked me out so they could fix my bladder. Josh was able to hold Sophie shortly after but it took me a couple of hours to come out of the general anesthetic and even than I was totally out of it. The next morning I was able to see and hold Sophia and remember it. But because of the c-section and bladder issue I had to stay in the hospital until friday. My mom flew out and was there on Wednesday and josh was able to have the week off of work. We have just been loving on Sophia and having fun being together. Sadie also loves her new little sister and has decided that it is her job to guard me and the baby. She also loves to lay by her when she is on the floor or in her bouncy chair.
Here are just a few of the pictures of Sophia:
Carley, she is beautiful. I'm sorry that the deliver didn't go as smoothly as it could have, but hey, we all have "a story." Your's will be a fun one to share. Congratulations, I know you are in heaven.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful little girl!!! Sorry to hear about the bladder issue. I hope you are healing well. Alice is glad to see her new friend here safe and sound. lots of love.
ReplyDelete