Cancer Eye Surgery,



WARNING: If you are faint of heart do not look at these pictures. 
On tuesday I had my beef production lab, and we took out a cancer eye from a cow. It was a very bloody surgery but surprising it was not that gross to me. I am not going to go into that much detail because the picture will tell the story. I will though tell a little bit out how you do it. You have to put the cow in the shoot, which holds them in place, then tie the head back and put a nose clamp on. Once you have done that you will than proceed with the numbing part of the procedure, using pretty close to 120 cc of lidacaine to numb the whole face and eye and
muscles around the eye. After that is done you can do the surgery, you have to cut the whole eye and all the tissue around to make sure that you get all the cancerous tissue out. 
Than you stitch her put and give her a shot of antibiotics and she is on her way. Oh and when you are stitching her eye closed you have to put 2 huge pills were the tissue was, they slowly release antibiotics and help with stitching the eye closed. It was a very good learning experience for me and I was very grateful I was not the one who was doing the cutting. It amazes me though to see the compassion of my teacher, he was using way more lidacaine to make sure that the cow did not feel a single thing. He cares so much for these animals and tries to make everything as low stress as possible. I have learned so much from him and continue to learn from him. This blog gives special thanks to Bro. Waddoups. 

On a more humorous note, today me and josh went to eat dinner and than grocery shopping. We decided to go and eat out at applebees, the only restaurant in Rexburg, and then to Winco. Josh, thinking he was so smart, thought he unlocked the car door from the window. I thought nothing of and we walked out the door. My car keys were sitting on the counter and when we got down to the car and the door was locked I learned, shortly after, that his keys were locked in the car. We had no keys and our door was locked. We walked up the stairs hoping that there was something in my purse or josh's wallet that would open the door. Josh got the brilliant idea to try and use a credit card. I thought it wouldn't work that well, but after a couple of minutes the door opened. I was so happy and josh was laughing really hard. We grabbed the keys, both sets, and went to eat. The rest of the evening was uneventful. 

Comments

  1. Hey We locked our keys in the car last week....3 TIMES!!!! The first time, I was supposed to Drive Joel to work but we got in the car and realized the battery was dead and when we got out of the car, we locked the door and I had left my keys in, but luckily Joel had his keys. Then 2 days later, we were at DI and I had to feed Alice in the car while Joel was in the store, and then we got out and apparently Joel had left his keys in the car and I had locked the door. But luckily Joel had a spare in his wallet. And then 3rd time was on Sunday where we had traded cars with Joel's parents so we could drive to Las Vegas, and while we were gone, Joel's Dad locked the keys in the car. So when we got back we had to use my keys and get in the car. CRAZY times!! Anyway, miss ya bunches babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you put the warning AFTER the picture! I think I'm going to be sick...

    No worries, I still think you're great. :]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts