Staying Busy,
I have been staying very busy lately, I have worked ahead in my two online classes and also decided to teach myself how to sew. I bought a sewing machine and some basic things and a little bit of fabric to learn on and so far I really like it. I took a sewing class in high school and remember some of it but I am a little frustrated because I am not getting things just right. It will take time to learn all the things and I have made a list of a few projects that I want to do while I am keeping myself busy.
Oh a different note, we have found out that we have some pretty cool neighbors. On Saturday night we went to dinner with a couple that lives right by us. It was a lot of fun having out with them and being able to just relax and have dinner. Then on Sunday we have two couples over for brownies and ice cream. We are going to one of the couples house for FHE tonight which I am really looking forward to.
On Wednesday I had my meats lab which was pretty interesting. I think I am going to really enjoy the class but this lab was pretty hard for me. I am 28 weeks pregnant and have never been good at killing things and we had to kill 4 pigs. I didn't actually do the killing but I did have to do the rest such as, skin the animal, take out the insides, and get it prepped for the freezer. My teacher also made me, the fat pregnant lady, cut our groups pig in half with a chain saw. It was a little interesting but I managed to get it done. I am looking forward to learning all the different cuts of meat and we also get to make sausage in the class. I didn't get any good pictures and probably won't ever because you have to be totally covered in clean sanitized clothing to go anywhere near the lab. I will keep you updated on the new stuff I learn in class.
We also got a crib from Kimmy's in-laws house. They were so nice to us and gave it to us for free. It is really cute and matches the rocket chair we got last week perfectly. Things are starting to come together and we are getting ready for Baby to be here. Only 12 weeks to go until she comes. Josh is getting so excited and I am getting a bit nervous. She kicks all day long and then at night she hangs out in my ribs so I can't breath. Sleeping has become harder and harder but I am just glad I can lay around during the day when I get tired. Other than that we are just staying busy and counting the days until our baby comes.
Carley honey please drop the meats class you are making me want to become vegetarian!
ReplyDelete